Is the OfferUp app free?
What's better than OfferUp?
Oodle is a fantastic OfferUp alternative because it also lets you put up ads for the items you want to sell and find ads of other sellers based on your target location. You'll see all kinds of stuff being sold on Oodle.17 дек. 2020 г.
Can I trust OfferUp?
As an added security feature, OfferUp provides secure in-app messaging for those looking to buy and sell stuff locally online. ... For those who are wondering, “Is OfferUp safe to use,” our OfferUp review says yes—the platform itself is safe and secure.1 июн. 2021 г.
What percentage does OfferUp take?
Sellers are required to pay a service fee when shipped items sell. The fee is either a minimum of $1.99, or 12.9% of the sale price.17 дек. 2021 г.
Is Craigslist better than OfferUp?
Craigslist is worth it if you're willing to put up with potentially flaky sellers. If you're a regular seller who hopes to generate a reputation with buyers, OfferUp is the way to go! It's easy to use and great for regular users.6 янв. 2022 г.
Can you make money selling on OfferUp?
OfferUp makes the bulk of its money through commissions on sold items from 3rd party sellers on the platform. Listing items are free, but when and if the item sells – the seller pays OfferUp a minimum commission fee of $1.99 or 12.9% of the sale price – whichever is greater.23 сент. 2021 г.
Is Facebook marketplace better than OfferUp?
Overall, Facebook Marketplace performed better than OfferUp, and it beat Craigslist by a landslide. Part of my reluctance in using Facebook Marketplace came from having it connected to my personal account.16 дек. 2021 г.
Is offer up legitimate?
- Offerup is an entirely legal site serving only the United States at this time. The chance of being scammed is a little complicated. The actual site offers many safeguards to ensure the personal information of all users is kept safe and secure; however, they do not guarantee the products sold on the site are 100% authentic.
Is OfferUp shipping safe?
- For those who are wondering, "Is OfferUp safe to use," our OfferUp review says yes-the platform itself is safe and secure.
What selling app is free?
Craigslist is the longest-standing, most popular website for selling items online. Craigslist now has an app that people can buy and sell items and list items for free.Sep 17, 2021
Did OfferUp buy Letgo?
Letgo is now part of OfferUp!Jun 14, 2021
Does OfferUp take a percentage?
You'll see a 12.9% service fee for your item. The minimum fee is $1.99. On the Delivery Method page, pick the package size that can hold your item with padding around it.Dec 17, 2021
Is poshmark a legit site?
Yes, Poshmark is definitely legit and it's a trustworthy website. However, just like any other online shopping websites/apps, no one can guarantee the legitimacy of buyers and sellers. ... Poshmark also protects the sellers if they use the prepaid and pre-addressed USPS Priority Mail shipping label on their shipments.
What are the best websites to sell your stuff?
- Artfire is another online site for selling handmade items, though it is less popular and less populated than Etsy. On Artfire, you can list up to 12 handmade items for free at one time.
Is the OfferUp app free?
Posting and browsing items on OfferUp is free, and buying items with cash is free for both sellers and buyers. Certain transactions, like shipped items, may include service fees or shipping costs when the item is sold.Apr 9, 2021
Which is better OfferUp or LetGo?
Both apps are a good place to buy and sell goods locally and are the best of the best for mobile marketplace apps. While LetGo is safer and the more popular app of the two, OfferUp is the better app in terms of customer service.
What fees does OfferUp charge?
You'll see a 12.9% service fee for your item. The minimum fee is $1.99.Jul 7, 2021
Can you get scammed on OfferUp?
Note: If someone says OfferUp facilitates non-shipping transactions and they need to validate the transaction or send an invoice, this could be a scam. These scammers try to use fake emails like [email protected].Oct 4, 2021
Can you list free items on OfferUp?
Buyers will pay for shipping costs; sellers can list for free, but will pay OfferUp a 7.9 percent fee if the item is sold. OfferUp provides buyer and seller protections; you can read more details about the shipping rules here. ... OfferUp already makes money by charging users to “bump” items, and selling advertising.May 1, 2018
Can you pay cash on OfferUp?
If the buyer is satisfied with the item, they pay the seller directly. The standard way to accept in-person payment is cash. If someone asks you to take a check, cashier's check, gift card, or payment through an app other than the OfferUp app, politely decline. ... There are many other buyers on OfferUp.Sep 13, 2019
Why did Letgo merge with OfferUp?
Why is letgo combining with OfferUp? With letgo joining OfferUp, we have the opportunity to combine the strengths of both marketplaces to create a bigger and better experience for buyers and sellers. Sellers can reach more buyers and sell faster on our new combined marketplace and buyers get access to more deals.Jun 14, 2021
What's better OfferUp or Facebook marketplace?
Overall, Facebook Marketplace performed better than OfferUp, and it beat Craigslist by a landslide. Part of my reluctance in using Facebook Marketplace came from having it connected to my personal account.Jun 22, 2021
What happened to OfferUp?
OfferUp and Letgo merged today, and users are furious about it. The online marketplace platform Letgo announced that it has merged with former competitor OfferUp, and the two will combine into one app.Aug 31, 2020
Is OfferUp a real website?
With over 85 million downloads across the country, users looking to buy and sell used stuff and sell items locally free can rest assured that OfferUp is legit.Jun 1, 2021
Is OfferUp a legit site?
Is OfferUp Legit & Safe to Use? While OfferUp is a legit platform, it doesn't prevent you from scam buyers, because you're selling your items locally, mostly in-person and that's something the platform can't control.
Do I have to use my real name on OfferUp?
OfferUp is a way to connect with your local community and beyond. Use your true identity and honestly represent yourself. Please: Use one account per user.Oct 4, 2021
Can you use PayPal on OfferUp?
When paying and getting items shipped through OfferUp's system, you'll be covered by OfferUp's Buyer Protection program. ... Avoid other app-based payments like Venmo and PayPal. Also avoid wire transfers such as Western Union or MoneyGram, or non-cash payments such as gift cards or personal/certified checks.Sep 13, 2019
Is shipping through OfferUp safe?
Shipped items and Buyer Protection Claims
When an item is paid for and shipped through OfferUp, the buyer may be protected if certain problems occur, but only if the transaction and payment were completed through OfferUp. Sellers are responsible for selling the item that was purchased as described in the post.Jun 14, 2021
Is OfferUp safe for sellers?
Sellers on OfferUp are not only protected by our policies and partnerships, but also by our world-class fraud detection, automation, machine learning, and data models that make OfferUp the simplest, most trusted way to buy and sell.Sep 12, 2019
What is free website for selling stuff on?
- Craigslist For most categories,Craigslist remains free. You can create an anonymous account in a couple of minutes. ...
- Facebook Marketplace Facebook Marketplace's website has a very modern interface that is easy to use to get your stuff listed and sold locally. ...
- Nextdoor's For Sale&Free section
How to make money selling on OfferUp?
- How to Make Money Selling on OfferUp: Tips, Tricks, & Hacks Prep Work Makes a Difference. Taking the time to cleanup your items before taking pictures and listing it on OfferUp can make a huge difference in the ability to sell ... Pictures are Money. ... Be as Descriptive as Possible. ... Price Your Items with Offers in Mind. ... Dealing with People. ... The Art of Negotiation. ... Be Wise & Vigilant. ...
Is offer up good?
- But, Offerup is designed to be more locally focused. Now, this is both an advantage and disadvantage. It’s advantageous because it means that shipping fees aren’t an issue – and whether you’re looking to buy or sell a product, taking shipping fees out of the equation is a good thing. Plus,...
What are sites similar to offer up?
- LetGo. LetGo is an online classified platform that helps you trade within your locality. ...
- Close5. Close5 is another OfferUp similar app that allows you to trade locally. ...
- VarageSale. VarageSale is just like garage sales but a virtual one. ...
- Oodle. Oodle is a California-based online market which was created since 2004. ...
- Listia. ...
Is there a monthly fee for OfferUp?
It doesn't charge the seller a monthly fee or commission on the sold products they are selling. It lets you sell your products and earn the profit for yourself only. Creating an account on Offerup is just free.
Is the OfferUp app safe?
For those who are wondering, “Is OfferUp safe to use,” our OfferUp review says yes—the platform itself is safe and secure.1 июн. 2021 г.
How do you pay on OfferUp?
If the buyer is satisfied with the item, they pay the seller directly. The standard way to accept in-person payment is cash. If someone asks you to take a check, cashier's check, gift card, or payment through an app other than the OfferUp app, politely decline.17 дек. 2021 г.
Which is better LetGo or OfferUp?
Both apps are a good place to buy and sell goods locally and are the best of the best for mobile marketplace apps. While LetGo is safer and the more popular app of the two, OfferUp is the better app in terms of customer service. Both LetGo and OfferUp have their apps available on the Apple and Google Play App Store.
Can you pay with PayPal on OfferUp?
When paying and getting items shipped through OfferUp's system, you'll be covered by OfferUp's Buyer Protection program. ... Avoid other app-based payments like Venmo and PayPal. Also avoid wire transfers such as Western Union or MoneyGram, or non-cash payments such as gift cards or personal/certified checks.17 дек. 2021 г.
Why does TI ship on OfferUp?
Make sure you're using the newest version of the app. More about updates. Try quitting your app completely and relaunching it to be sure you're seeing the latest info. To be able to post shippable items for sale, validate your email address, if you haven't already.17 дек. 2021 г.
Can you pay with credit card on OfferUp?
When paying for a shipped item, you can use the following payment methods. Credit and debit cards including: Visa. Mastercard.17 дек. 2021 г.
Is Mercari legit?
To recap, Mercari itself is totally legitimate, but it can't guarantee the safety of the transactions that go on there. You will have to use common sense. If you find a listing for the latest iPhone, and it's selling for only $50, then you should be skeptical.
Who pays for shipping on OfferUp?
Buyers pay for the cost of shipping items. Note: Buyers can cancel an offer on a shipping item if the seller hasn't accepted the offer. Once the seller accepts the offer, the buyer has committed to paying for the item. Buyers pay for the shipping label.14 июн. 2021 г.
How to sell on OfferUp online?
- Set up an OfferUp account and set your location: OfferUp needs this in order to show the area where you are selling. It won’t show others your exact location.
- Click the “Post” button with the camera icon: You’ll find this button in the bottom middle of your app.
- Take or select photos of your item to be displayed: Pictures let buyers see what they’re really getting. ...
- Title your item: Keep the title short and sweet — you can add more details later.
- Describe your item by selecting a category and its condition: The app gives you a list of options for this step. You can choose from a wide range of categories. ...
- Write details further describing your item: Add any extra details about your item,like details on the item’s condition or whether you’re selling it with accessories included.
- Set your price: You can choose whether your price is firm or if it’s OK for buyers to haggle with you. ...
- Choose a delivery method: You can choose to sell only locally or ship your item nationwide. The upside of shipping is that more people will see your post. ...
- Wait for buyers: If you’re antsy to offload your item you can boost your listing’s visibility for a fee,but there’s still no guarantee that it will sell.
Is Letgo still an app?
The newly combined OfferUp and letgo application is available across both iOS and Android, and expands the number of deals, buyers and sellers, by nature of its combined communities.Aug 31, 2020
How much is letgo?
Unlike many other apps of its kind, Letgo doesn't take a percentage of users' sales. For instance, eBay, one of Letgo's primary competitors, charges sellers 10% of the value of the item sold for most categories, and even 12% for music, movies, and books.Nov 4, 2019
What are the best apps for selling things?
- Letgo is one of the larger apps to sell stuff. With over ten million downloads (at least), there is a good sized audience of people to sell yourself to. It features a clean interface, simple posting, and plenty of additional features.
What is the Best Buy App?
- Best Buy pc app is a digital downlod subscription service for downloading PC software, mostly games, from the Best Buy services.